Diwali is not complete without truck loads of Mithai or sweets that are exchanged by families and businesses every year. Moderns times have seen the advent of chocolates & other international goodies making their own space in the gift zone, while companies like Frontier Biscuit Factory have always been popular with their range of Biscuits and Cookies that they sell from their 60 or so stores in town.
That said, the tradition Indian Mithai is always the backbone of festivities and I am sure even god herself would not know how many Tonnes of the same are bought, sold, gifted, exchanged and consumed during these days.
In city of Delhi Haldiram’s & Bikanervala’s have always been the trusted source of mithai, while there is an Aggarwal Sweet shop almost around every corner of town.
However to breakaway from the norm we decided to ask our community members about the most reliable, safe and delicious options from around Delhi and got some interesting responses.
Here is the collation of data, as per the direction zones of Delhi and the lists are in no particular order. We have just listed the name and location , rest can easily be figured out by a quick search on google.
Besides that if you see your favorite shop in the list, then do comment with what all sweets should one buy from the sweet shop.
South Delhi :
- Sona Sweets in Nehru Place
- Anupama Restaurant in Kailash Colony
- Bengali sweets R block GK1
- Bharat sweets at Lajpat Nagar near the Red Light beneath flyover
- Kamala sweets for genuine Bengali variety, CR Park
- Annapurna Sweets for Bengali sweets in CR Park
North Delhi :
- Krishna sweets (Model Town) for various sweets. Though Rasmalai from them is a favorite.
- Bharat Sweets (Shakti Nagar) for Milk cake.
- Garg Sweets, Rohini Sector 7
- Bengal Sweets – Ashok Vihar
- Bansal sweets – Pitampura
- Bikarner Sweet Shop in Ashok Vihar, B block market. It’s not related to the main Bikaner chain.
lists are in no particular order. We have just listed the name and location , rest can easily be figured out by a quick search on google.
- Gopal (Adjoining Petrol pump adjacent to Liberty cinema hall) for Rasmalai – A very different version from the city stuff.
- Standard Burfee, Karol Bagh
Old Delhi – Chandni Chowk and Chawri Bazaar
- There is one in Chandni Chowk, Annapurna sweets. I tried there sweets, so pure and treat to taste buds.
- Madan Sweets, Sadar Bazar
- Kanwarji, Chandni chowk
- Standard Sweets, Chawri Bazaar
- Shyam Sweets, Chawri Bazaar
- Hira Sweets – Shahdra for Baalushahi and more.
- “Kalakand” at Kalra Sweets, Krishna Nagar
- Mangal Sweets : At IP Extension market adjacent to Prince Apartments.
- Taj Sweets Rishabh Vihar aka Jain Sweet
- Standard Sweets, Raja Garden Chowk
- In palam there is this small shop by the name Rajan sweets, very economical pricing and good quality sweets.
- Mithaiwala (Paschim Vihar)
- Grover Mithaiwala, Jail road
- There is one Milko sweet shop, a small unit, tucked away in Delhi cantt., Makes wonderfully fresh kalakand and chocolate burfi. Small quantity everyday.
- Om Sweets in Gurgaon sector 14
- Anupam sweets, Faridabad