We recently conducted a week long recipe contest in association with Mother Dairy for our community members where in Amazon gift cards were up for grabs.
The members were encouraged to create innovative gluttonous dishes using milk while focusing on the #MalaiMarke aspect of it. The winners were selected on basic of popularity & uniqueness by our culinary jury.
Mother Dairy recently launched Premium Full Cream Milk which has high FAT content of 7% along with 9% SNF ideal for consumers looking for rich milk diet and for home makers indulging in home-made sweets, ghee and curd as this variant offer 15% extra malai (cream) in comparison to Full Cream Milk.
This milk is great for making Indian mithai/desserts, gluttonous milk shakes (Freak shakes), rich Indian curries/dals and high fat food for babies. Also this is a great option for all the body building and gym enthusiasts who want to bulk up.
The members were encouraged to create innovative gluttonous dishes using milk while focussing on the #MalaiMarke aspect of it. The winners were selected on basic of popularity & uniqueness by our culinary jury.
The contest was Topped by Vikas Aggarwal, who created multiple dishes using the milk. We are featuring three of them here for you.
Recipe of Fresh Homemade Kalakand
Juicy, creamy and yumm milk-cake made at home.
Milk. – 2 liters Premium Full Crream by MotherDairy
Alum. – half teaspoon
Sugar. – 150 grams / 12 sachet of Splenda
Liquid glucose. – 2 tablespoons
Ghee. – 2 teaspoons
Pistachios. – finely chopped
- Boil the milk in a large non stick pan. Add alum and sugar and cook for about one and a half hour till it begins to thicken.
- Add the ghee and glucose; mix well and continue to cook till the mixture begins to coat the back of the ladle.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased aluminium tray , sprinkle the pistachios and set aside to cool and set.
Recipe of Creamy Cauliflower Bake
Who says milk is just for desserts it also makes yummy savories.
Winters are here……and so is everyone’s favorite cauliflower
This dish is one of my absolute must do every winter….so presenting Creamy Cauliflower bake made ultra creamy n yummy using the #MotherDairy Premium full cream milk #MalaiMarke served with fresh garlic cheese toasties😋😋
Serving size of 6-7 people.
1Kg MotherDairy Premium Full Creme Milk, about 700 gms of Cauliflower Florets cut in medium size, all Italian herbs fresh or dried your choice, one big onion (optional) sliced, one big capsicum cut in stripes and one big green chilli (optional) sliced into two, about 1 tablespoon flour (maida) and 50-60 gms salted butter, salt n ground black pepper to taste.
For garnish fresh bread crumbs of 1.5 bread and a mix of Grated Amul & Choudhary mozrella cheese, and mixed herbs and sea salt sprinkle.
- Boil 1kg milk 2-3 boils post that let it simmer for 10-15 mins, next add your cut cauliflower florets and let it cook in the milk on low flame till it gets tender, once tender add your strip cut capsicum, onions and the half slit green chilli and again let it all cook on low flame.
- In another open pan melt in your salted butter and add the maida stirring well until the maida is well done once there add about 4-5 ladles of your cooked milk from the other pan stirring the mix well, soon this will become like a Halwa sauce, just then add this mix to the cauliflower pan and keep stirring gently.
- You will see the entire sauce thickening, add your herbs and salt n pepper as per your taste once all is mixed well switch off the flame and let it cool a while.
- Transfer the cooked sauce into a bake dish, load it with a layer of bread crumbs and top it with your cheese mix and bake it for about 10-15mins at 180• in a preheated oven.
- Once the top gets brown get it off the oven sprinkle it with seasoning and sea salt and serve with garlic toasties…
Recipe of Santra Palm Jaggery ki Rabri Kheer
I love it when my Mohan inspires me to make Bhog for Him, I simply love to pamper him. So made Santra palm jaggery Ki creamy rabri kheer for my lord. It’s a simple family favourite recipe relished by one and all……trust me the harmony of tangy orange and overlooked rich milk in palm jaggery is simply mind blowing!
Today it was even more creamy and rich thanks to the Full cream premium MotherDairy milk used 😀
Serving for 6-7
1kg Mother Dairy Premium full cream milk, 3 Nagpur Oranges(make sure they are not over tangy), 7-8 chopped almonds,7-8 chopped pistachios and palm jaggery (nolen gur) as per taste.
- Peel and de-seed the oranges well and open up each fiber to look like rice.
- Put your milk in a nonstick heavy pan, bring in to 2-3 boils and then leave it on low flame until it thickens to a semi Rabri stage.
- Once the milk is cooked well add your palm jaggery and bring it to a boil, once done leave it to cool totally.
- Drain up the extra juice from the oranges and add it to the cooked milk and fold it well adding the almonds n pistachios.
- Leave it to refrigerate for 1-2 hours, covering the dish with a lid or cling film and served chilled.